If you are looking for a warm and friendly destination for winter training and travel, Israel is the perfect destination. Israel’s mild winter weather is ideal for orienteering. The orienteering season in Israel runs from September through May.
The schedule includes a league series of high level competitions.
Come join us at the annual 2-day Israel Open Championships in February 2019.
Or come to the 2-day Israel Winter Cup 2018 at the end of December 2018.
The Israel Orienteering Association is always happy to host international visitors, and all events are open to guest competitors.
Israel offers a unique diversity of terrain, from prairie and badlands in the south, to Mediterranean woods along the coastal plain, to classic pine forests in the north of the country. Moreover, you’ll enjoy exploring and discovering historical, cultural and religious sites alongside every venue.
The Israel Orienteering Association and its member clubs organize and run all types of O-events – national events, local meets, park sprints, and MTBO competitions. O-events are held every weekend, usually no farther than an hour drive from Tel Aviv.
Here’s what recent orienteering tourists have written about their experiences in Israel:
- From the Czech Republic. View a video by Roman Vlcek of Hana Orienteering’s 2015 Israel Tour, led by Robert Zdráhal.
- From Latvia. Artūrs Pauliņš. Read his blog post about training and competing at MCO 2015 in Israel.
- From the UK. An article in Compass Sport about orienteering at the 2014 Israel Open Championships.
- From Finland. Pasi Ikonen (Elite O-training)
Read his blog post about training in Israel: Israel Unlimited Edition
“A really GREAT trip, probably the best training-camp of my life. I can recommend Israel for adventurers, those who love orienteering and good food and enjoy the social surroundings these great Israeli people can organize!”
- From Russia. (“O-Sisters” elite MTBO and O-training)
- From Latvia. (Elite O-training).
- From Czech Republic.
- From Finland.
- From Estonia. (Rogaine)
- From Austria (MTBO team training).
To learn more about orienteering opportunities in Israel, contact:
Israel Orienteering Association